Making Decisions about Dating and Sex - AmpGuts.com

Go Back   AmpGuts.com > Old School Magazines > AS&S

AS&S Auto Sound & Security

Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages & pics, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Site Navigation
 > FAQ
» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.
» Online Users: 474
2 members and 472 guests
Dr Zeus, Kris
Most users ever online was 1,114, 04-23-2021 at 08:50 AM.
» Stats
Members: 9,961
Threads: 2,265
Top Poster: imjustjason (4,294,967,275)
Welcome to our newest member, [email protected]mail.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 06-15-2021, 03:14 PM
tiiyopas Offline
Junior Members

tiiyopas is on a distinguished road
Default Making Decisions about Dating and Sex

At some point, many students make choices about whether to date or hang out with someone, or whether or not to have sex. When you decide based on your values, and when you've considered what you do and don't want, you're more likely to feel good about your decision. And remember, it's always OK to change your mind.

When thinking about your options regarding sex or dating, consider:

Values: What are my core values for how I live my life? Does the potential activity or relationship fit in with my values and beliefs? Does this decision make me feel happy and comfortable?
Motivation: What makes me interested in doing this? Am I seeking pleasure, connection, or to explore a curiosity? Or might I be feeling some pressure to "keep up" or fit in with others, or a need for validation?
Relationship issues: Is my relationship status or style with the potential partner(s) how I want it to be? How might sex affect our relationship, and am I OK with those possibilities?
Health: If I want to have sex, do I have the supplies and knowledge I need to prevent Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI), and if applicable, pregnancy? Do I know where to get health care? Do my partners support my health wishes and goals (like using condoms), and if not, can I advocate for myself? Am I supportive of others' health wishes and goals?
Ethics: How will I talk with my partners about what we do and don't want to do? How can I be sure everyone is excited to participate, and is fully able to make that choice? How will I treat other people so that I feel proud of my actions? Regardless of how casual or committed we are, how can I be kind to partners?
Making it great: What do I like and want (and not want) sexually? How will I ask my partners about what they like? Am I comfortable communicating about likes and dislikes with my partner(s)? Can I handle some discomfort, vulnerability and/or disappointment that can happen with sex?
Visit Ready or Not from Scarleteen for more information on making sexual decisions.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in Technorati